This has turned out to be quite possibly my favorite experiment of all. And to think I nearly didn't go back to these flags. I almost gave them up as a failed experiment.
So, how did I turn a failure into something wonderful? First, I left it alone for awhile. As I mentioned in the last post, I did leave the background fabric paper on my work desk so I would see it as I went by (I only actually work there now and again--sometimes it's just a good, horizontal surface).
After looking at the backgrounds for awhile, I wrote a little bit about what I wanted the flags to do for me. I want them to remind me of the things I am calling into my life. I want them to remind me and inspire me.
Finally, I looked again at some traditional Tibetan prayer flags. This time, I was struck not so much by the colors as by the fact that they have writing on them. And there was my answer. My flags needed writing.
So, I wrote some affirmations and mantras across the backgrounds and then glued down my images. I did choose a different image for the "moving" flag. I just got new hiking boots, and they seemed like the perfect choice.
And here they are:
It ended up being a simple and quick fix. It just needed some time to percolate up to the surface, and now I have exactly what I wanted. Experiment: successful!
Here are individual shots of the flags:
And since I forgot yesterday was Sunday (these three day weekends always get my days mixed up for me), I will see you tomorrow with this week's experiment.