Really? It's Wednesday already? And time for another ROW80 check-in? I'm not sure I believe that. I think someone is messing with my calendar this week. (Month?)
The past week or so has been especially hectic, and I am feeling the strain. Right now, I feel like I have too much going on, too many things to do, not nearly enough time and other resources. I would like to go hide in my room and read novels for a few weeks. Instead, I'll be going to a meeting after work and then finishing up some overdue writing. Maybe novel reading tomorrow.
So, that check-in:
- Fiction writing–at least two sentences, at least four times a week--Nope. Haven't written anything in almost a week, and I'm feeling twitchy, and I'm behind getting things sent to my writers' group, and I need to remedy this very, very soon.
- ROW80–check in on my assigned sponsor blog numbers and as many more blogs as I can after each check-in--Yes, but I was way behind this time. I just checked in on them today for Sunday's posts! So embarrassed, but I thought I should just admit it.
- Creative+Practice–at least five days a week--Yep. I did finally take a day off from this on Sunday, just to see if I could have time off now and then and still smoothly go back to it. It was kind of uncomfortable, and I actually almost forgot to do it last night. Still, I think not making it a have to every day thing is the best plan.
- Inner Excavation–something each week, what or how much doesn’t matter as long as I do a little bit--Nope. Haven't done any of this for over a week as other pressing things have taken priority. This weekend I will make some time.
- #Wordmongering–I want to try out this Twitter sprint, so I will give it a try at least once a week (possibly starting tonight to see if Mondays might be a good evening for it with Wednesdays and Thursday being other options)--Nope.
- Yoga practice–continuing three days a week--Mostly. I missed a day last week, and today I am going to have to do a very short version when I get home because I have to leave to go to a meeting. My body feels better when I do this three times a week, though, so I am pushing myself to remember to get it in.
- Walking–I want to add in a short walk, maybe less than 10 minutes, once a week--Nope. Walked a lot on Saturday doing errands and going shopping and to a movie, but I didn't specifically take a walk just to be walking. I will keep trying.
I may need to tweak a few things with my goals. I'm not sure yet. I need to get a little bit of time and space to examine everything and see what might need changing or adding. I also need to examine whether something needs to be changed at all or if it's just that I'm having a particularly busy couple of weeks.
Sometimes things get busy and even the best-planned goals fall by the wayside, but we blame ourselves instead of acknowledging that life goes that way now and again. I will let myself get past the busy times and move on from there.