It’s Sunday. I’m sitting in the sun writing up my ROW80 check-in. It’s pretty good over here. I even have things to report! How great is that?
Where I am with my goals:
- Writing: I’m working on a short story but am not done yet and probably won’t be by the end of the night, so I’m still not quite caught up on my 52 Stories pieces. I had a great meeting with a fellow writer and creative soul yesterday, and we came up with some ways for me to transition from finishing one story and moving right into working on the next. I tend to take too long a break at the end of a story to be able to keep up with the weekly schedule. The first thing I’m going to try is putting “work on new story” on my calendar as soon as I finish one. I’ll let myself have the rest of that day off and put the note on the next day’s calendar page so I can remember that I need to stop my laurel resting and write. I also need to work on writing more regularly and getting that journaling in as I haven’t done any since Wednesday.
- The housework is going great! I’ve somehow managed to interest the boyfriend in my project, at least for the moment, so we’ve been getting lots done this entire week. I am way beyond my 30 minutes, and I am starting to think I can actually get my house clean and organized.
- Blog check-ins. Still not as many as I meant to do, but I did some, so I’m not a total slacker on that front.
- Haphazard work on the coaching front. I’ve done some things, but I am still struggling for consistency.
- Exercise is okay. I got in some walking and some longer stretching sessions over the past couple of days, but once again I need that consistency. Wondering if writing it on my hand will help?
Between now and Wednesday, I will finish my short story. I also intend to get another walk and at least one short yoga session in. For the week in general, I will keep up with the everyday kitchen cleaning so that next weekend when I want to do a bigger household project I won’t have to catch up on dishes first. And I will do a little bit of coaching reading each day to help me get ready for my certification. I’d also like to take some time this week and reassess my goals. I think the goals themselves are good, but I think I need some more detailed plans on how to make them happen for myself.
Yep, that’s my plan. It looks like a good bit of work to get done in a week. So what about you? What are you planning for your week?