I feel a little awkward and uncertain about putting this out there. I don’t know if this is mine to write. But this is what I’ve been thinking about and working on for myself the past few days, and I feel like it’s important, so I’m sharing.
Antiracism work must be folded into our everyday lives. It must become part of normal. We go about our days, work, cook, clean, do our art challenges, fitness challenges, read some antiracism and justice and equity articles or books or social media, share, donate on payday. Make this normal. Make it what you do. Make it sustainable for the long haul.
Things you can do to start making it part of daily life:
- Join book clubs that read and talk about antiracism and equity
- Join online groups that talk about antiracism and equity and actions
- Follow BIPOC social media accounts that do the same
- Regularly shop from Black-owned businesses
- Follow BIPOC artists and creatives
- Read BIPOC authors
There are others out there writing about this, about things we can do to do more and keep things going. Find them, read them, do the things. Keep the change happening!