Creativity Camp: Kids’ Writing Edition is a three-week online writing workshop where we’ll explore building a writing practice that fits in with our real lives, how to find time for writing, and how to decide what to write about. We’ll practice writing from prompts, from our own minds, in response to other people’s writing, and in response to our own writings. We’ll learn how to keep going even when we don’t know what to say, or think we don’t have anything important to say. We’ll do all of this in a welcoming group where we will learn to support and encourage each other and ourselves.
- Creativity Camp: Kids’ Writing Edition is for middle school and high school age writers and those who want to try their hand at writing.
- Camp will run for three weeks, from Monday, July 27 through Sunday, August 16
- We will meet in a private Facebook group; materials will be in the files section in the group and will also be sent via email.
- At the end of each week, on Sunday August 2, August 9, August 16) we will meet in a Facebook room in our group to write together and read to each other and practice giving positive feedback.
- Class size is limited to 12 students so everyone will get plenty of time for sharing and getting and giving feedback.
- Class fee: $35
About me: I am a middle school/high school English Language Arts teacher who loves writing and stories and language. I believe that learning how to communicate what we really want to say is one of the most important things a human can do so we can all work to know and understand ourselves and each other better.