I'm starting to feel that summer vibe. It's almost June. Just over three weeks of school left. It's time to make plans!
Summer is one of those times of year for me that makes me want to make plans and do projects and get things done. (I also get this bug at the new year and in September). I have so many ideas whirling around my head! And you know what that means. Time to make a list!
Things I Want To Do This Summer
- A summer vision board, maybe on the Solstice to roll me through the end of the year (anyone want to join in?)
- Turn that piano we got into an art desk for my studio
- Finish setting up my studio
- Day trip to the coast (it's been sooooo long!)
- Set up my own mini writing retreat in the yard
- Go on at least one photo walk (and learn how to use the fancy DSLR camera we were gifted last year)
- Try out at least three new-to-me walking trails
I could go on, but I won't. I shouldn't. I tend to think summer is forever and that I can do a million things. And that's just not true. Especially because we only have two room ACs, so when it's super hot I'm either in the living room or the bedroom just trying to stay cool (and trying not to get anxious ahead of time about how I will handle the heat food wise and exercise wise and whatnot). And now apparently we get fire season here, so I know some part of the late summer (please please please not too much, not like last year!) will be all about hunkering down trying to stay cool while having to keep the house sealed up (and the fire season thing makes me so very nervous, and I'm trying not to let myself get too anxious about it months in advance).
I'm trying to remember the excitement of childhood summer and keep the anxieties quiet so I can enjoy the season, make some things, get some things done. Weird that there can be so much excitement while there's also so much worry, isn't it?
Anyhow, what are your summer plans? Any projects in the works? Travel? I'd love to hear what you're planning to be up to!
Until next time,