It's been a really long, hard day. But I got some big things sorted out and still managed a load of laundry and a shower! And now I'm going to use a technique I learned from the fabulous Liz Lamoreux. I'm going to find five good things in this day. (By the way, take one of her Here sessions--so wonderful, peaceful, comforting, uplifting. Just so good!)
- Chinese carry-out for dinner
- Goofy cats running around making me laugh
- All of my besties have had their vaccines or have scheduled them, so we should get to have a small gathering in my yard in a few weeks!
- Today I learned about the bee hummingbird, the world's smallest bird, and someone had one perched on their finger in a photo (it must have been a baby) and it was so tiny--really the size of a bee!
- Met online with my writing group and had a great talk about doll houses and miniatures which was funny and odd and very fun
That's what I can manage today. And for today it's enough.
12 thoughts on “Five Things–April 21”
Five really good things for today... I may try finding five things from time to time...
I really like this practice and want to remember to do it more often.
Love that list, I have a goofy cat too and he was properly funny yesterday.
I recently learnt a little about the Marshmallow (desert rain frog)
Oh my gosh, there's a frog called the Marshmallow?! I love that.
Iâ€™m enjoying your 5 things, and Iâ€™ll try that myself, itâ€™s a great idea!
It's a really nice practice and a lot of days feels more accessible than a gratitude list even though they're really similar.
Great things to focus on! Goofy cats rule! Elle xx
Yeah they do! 😀
Lovely things, all. <3
Thank you! <3
I love finding the good things 🙂 I try to do that every.single.day though sometimes the best thing about my day is that I don't have to go outside and use an old-style toilet lol I get to stay in my home and use a flushing toilet. That's always a good thing though, even on the days where that's not the best I can find.
I think that's a great thing to count. I also like having an indoor, flush toilet and not having to go out in all weather for a bathroom break!
Comments are closed.